Archive for category Publications
New publication: “Real-time monitoring of cocrystallization processes by solvent evaporation : a near infrared study”
- Mafalda C. Sarraguça, Maria Paisana, João Pinto, João A. Lopes, “Real-time monitoring of cocrystallization processes by solvent evaporation : a near infrared study”, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci., 90, 76 -84 (2016) doi:10.1016/j.ejps.2015.12.025.
new publication:A FT-NIR spectroscopy methodology for estimating the firing distance based on the direct analysis of the bullet impact surface
A new paper from our group has been published in Analyst with the title :”A FT-NIR spectroscopy methodology for estimating the firing distance based on the direct analysis of the bullet impact surface”, by Jorge Sarraguca, Catarina Lima, Filipe Machado, Joao Lopes, Agostinho A Almeida, Luis Fernandes, Teresa Magalhães and Agostinho Santos.
Please follow the link below:
The chapter “Bioactive Compounds in Coffee as Health Promotors” by Mafalda C. Sarraguca, Ricardo N.M.J. Pascoa, Miguel Lopo, Jorge M.G. Sarraguca and Joao A. Lopes has now been published in the book “Natural Bioactive Compounds from Fruits and Vegetables as Health Promoters Part II” . Please follow the link below.
- Mafalda C. Sarraguça, Paulo R. S. Ribeiro, Adenilson O. Dos Santos, João A. Lopes, “Batch Statistical Process Monitoring Approach to a Cocrystallization Process”, J. of Pharm. Sci., 104, 4099–4108 (2015).
The article titled: “HPLC-DAD-MS analysis of colorant and resinous components of lac-dye: A comparison between Kerria and Paratachardina genera”” (DOI : 10.1016/j.dyepig.2015.02.024 ) is now available in final version,
The following link will provide free access to download the article, and is valid for 50 days, until May 14, 2015
The paper titled “HPLC-DAD-MS analysis of colorant and resinous components of lac-dye: A comparison between Kerria and Paratachardina genera” by Raquel Santos, by Jessica Hallett, M. Conceição Oliveira, Micaela M. Sousa, Jorge Sarraguça, M.S.J. Simmonds, M. Nesbitt to appear in Dyes and Pigments is now available as a pre-print. [DOI: 10.1016/j.dyepig.2015.02.024 ]
(new publication) “Value-adding to red grape pomace exploiting eco-friendly FT-NIR spectroscopy technique”
The article titled “Value-adding to red grape pomace exploiting eco-friendly FT-NIR spectroscopy technique” by Ricardo N.M.J. Páscoa, Sandia Machado, Luís M. Magalhães, and João A. Lopes is now published in Food. Bioprocess. Technol.
(new publication): “Optimization of NIR spectroscopy based PLSR models for critical properties of vegetable oils used in biodiesel production”
The paper titled: “Optimization of NIR spectroscopy based PLSR models for critical
properties of vegetable oils used in biodiesel production” by Silvana A. Moreira, Jorge Sarraguça, Daniel F. Saraiva, Renato Carvalho, and João A. Lopes is now available in Fuel (Fuel 150 (2015) 697–704).
(new publication) “Online monitoring of P(3HB) produced from used cooking oil with near-infrared spectroscopy”
The paper entitled “Online monitoring of P(3HB) produced from used cooking oil with near-infrared spectroscopy” with contributions from Mafalda Sarraguça and João Lopes is now available online.
Please follow the link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168165614010207 .
Pharmaceuticals / PAT
- R. Matias, P.R.S. Ribeiro, M.C. Sarraguça, J.A. Lopes* (2014) A UV spectrophotometric method for the determination of folic acid in pharmaceutical tablets and dissolution tests, Anal. Met., 6(9), 3065-3071 [doi:10.1039/C3AY41874J].
- Mafalda C. Sarraguça, Paulo R. Ribeiro, Adenilson Santos, Marta C. Silva, João A. Lopes* (2014) A PAT approach for the on-line monitoring of pharmaceutical co-crystals formation with near infrared spectroscopy, Int. J. Pharmaceut., 471, 478-484 [doi:10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.06.003]
- Ricardo N.M.J. Páscoa, Mafalda C. Sarraguça, Luis M. Magalhães, João R. Santos, António O.S.S. Rangel, João A. Lopes. Chapter 103: Use of near infrared spectroscopy for coffee beans quality assessment, pag. 933-942. In: Coffee in Health and Disease Prevention, Section 4 – Analysis and Methods. Edited by Victor R. Preedy, Academic Press, Elsevier, London, UK 2014 (ISBN: 978-0-12-409517-5); [link]
- Sousa C, Botelho J, Silva L, Grosso F, Nemec A, Lopes JA, Peixe L*, MALDI-TOF MS and chemometric based identification of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex species. International Journal of Medical Microbiology [doi:10.1016/j.ijmm.2014.04.014]
- Ângela Novais, Clara Sousa, Juan de Caballero, Ana Fernandez-Olmos, João Lopes, Maria Helena Ramos, Teresa M Coque, Rafael Cantón, Luísa Peixe, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry as a tool for discrimination of high-risk Escherichia coli clones from phylogenetic groups B2 (ST131) and D (ST69, ST405, ST393), European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases [doi: 10.1007/s10096-014-2071-5]
- Sousa C, Silva L, Grosso F, Nemec A, Lopes J, Peixe L. Discrimination of the Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex species by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases [doi: 10.1007/s10096-014-2078-y]
- Sousa CCS, Grosso F, Meirinhos-Soares L, Peixe L, Lopes JA* (2014) Identification of carbapenem-resistant A. baumannii clones using infrared spectroscopy, J. Biophotonics, 7(5), 287–294 [doi: 10.1002/jbio.201200075]
- R.G. Saraiva, J.A. Lopes, J. Machado, P. Gameiro, M.J. Feio* (2014) A novel approach to discriminate E. coli based on its porin expression profile: comparison between ATR and transmission mode FTIR spectroscopy, J. Biophotonics, 7(6), 392-400 [doi: 10.1002/jbio.201200131]
- Clara Sousa, Liliana Silva, Filipa Grosso, João P. Lopes, Luísa Peixe* (2014) Development of a FTIR-ATR based model for typing clinically relevant Acinetobacter baumannii clones belonging to ST98, ST103, ST208 and ST218, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 133, 108-114 [doi:10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2014.02.015]
- Clara C. Sousa and João A. Lopes. Chapter 20: Infrared spectroscopy detection coupled to chemometrics to characterize foodborne pathogens at a subspecies level, page 385. In: Mathematical and Statistical Approaches in Food Science and Technology. Edited by Daniel Granato and Gáston Ares,IFT Press – Wiley-Blackwell.UK. 2014. (ISBN: 978-1-118-43368-3); [link]
- Sílvia Mas, Catarina Miguel, Maria João Melo, João A. Lopes, Anna de Juan (2014) Screening and quantification of proteinaceous binders in medieval paints based on micro-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and multivariate curve resolution alternating least squares, Chemom. Intell. Lab Syst., 134, 148-147 [doi:10.1016/j.chemolab.2014.03.012]
- Couto M.C.M., Pinto I., Madureira T.V., Rocha M.J., Tiritan M.E., Lopes J.A. and Almeida A.A. (2014), Lower Douro river basin (Portugal) water quality – Focus on trace element changes and anthropogenic sources of contamination, Global NEST Journal,16(2), 251-267